Hyperpigmentation is the darkening of an area of skin caused by increased melanin. Hyperpigmentation may be caused by sun damage, inflammation, or other skin injuries, including those related to acne vulgaris. People with darker Asian, Mediterranean or African skin tones are also more prone to hyperpigmentation, especially if they have excess sun exposure. Melasma is a form of hyperpigmentation found on some women due to changes in hormone levels, and this commonly presents during pregnancy.
HOW WE TREAT HYPERPIGMENTATION:
FOREVER YOUNG BROAD BAND LIGHT THERAPY:
Forever Young BBL is an innovative treatment that treats the signs of aging now and “stops the clock” on facial aging. The treatment uses photothermal energy to eliminate physical signs of aging (including red and brown discoloration in the skin). This therapy has been shown to actually change the expression of DNA at the cellular level of the skin, making the skin cells act decades younger. This process helps restore the skin to its natural, youthful state without any harsh chemicals or downtime. For more information about Forever Young BBL, click here.
BBL/IPL PHOTO REJUVENATION
Photo-rejuvenation utilizes the power of pulsed light to deliver excellent and rejuvenating results by gently heating the upper layers of the skin. The photothermal energy targets and eliminates many of the fine vessels that cause redness and the unwanted melanin responsible age spots. Photo-rejuvenation is effective at treating rosacea, broken capillaries, freckles, age spots, and sun damaged skin for a healthier and younger complexion. For more information about photo-rejuvenation, click here.
A MicroLaser Peel utilizes a scanning erbium laser to remove the outer layers of your skin in a safe and precise manner. After professional skin evaluation, we will choose the depth of the peel based on your specific skin and how much downtime you can tolerate. We can perform MicroLaser Peels in various levels from very gentle to very aggressive. The MicroLaser Peel can be used on the full face, neck, chest, hands, etc. We can also treat smaller areas of need such as the eyes and mouth without the risk of changing the color of your skin. This was not possible with earlier laser technology.
ProFractional Therapy goes deep into the dermis to stimulate new collagen growth, dramatically improving the skin’s tone, texture, fine lines, deeper wrinkles, and the appearance of scars. This treatment requires a few days of social downtime, depending on the depth of the treatment, and full results can be seen in 6 months. For more information, click here.
NEW! HALO HYBRID LASER FROM SCITON
Sciton’s Halo is an innovative, hybrid fractional laser; it is the only one of its kind available to patients today. Using concentrated laser energy, the Halo gently creates microscopic ‘holes’ in the surface of the skin. As the tissues heal, glowing, new skin appears. This mild injury to the skin encourages the body’s natural collagen production, continuing to improve the appearance over the months to come. Benefits of the Halo Fractional Laser:
- Improves the skin’s tone and laxity
- Smooth’s and softens skin texture
- Addresses sun damaged areas
- Smoothes and softens the skin’s texture
- Eliminates epidermal dark spots
- Diminishes the look of large pores
- Eases fine lines and wrinkles
- Requires less downtime than similar laser treatments
- The laser energy level can be adjusted for each individual patient
Find out more about Halo, currently ONLY available in the state at our facility, by clicking here.
- Lactic Acid Peel: A thorough exfoliator, Lactic Acid removes the outer layers of thickened or damaged skin leaving a smoother and healthier appearance. Lactic Acid has been found to be beneficial in improving dry skin, treating age spots, improving oily and acne prone skin and decreasing fine lines and wrinkles. Recommended for patients with sensitive skin.
- Salicylic Acid Peel: This peel works by gently removing old cells from the skin allowing it to be replaced with healthy skin. Benefits of this peel include collagen production and reduced appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. (May cause visible peeling for up to 3 days.)
- Glycolic Acid Peel: Reduces the amount of surface skin oil, which aids in the removal of blackheads and other impurities. This peel allows dead cells to gradually be removed, leaving behind a layer of healthy smooth skin.
- CPRX: A deep rejuvenating TCA peel for deep exfoliation and correction of fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, and acne scars.
PROFESSIONAL SKINCARE PRODUCTS
For more information about the products we carry, click here.